HOT SAVANNAH CRAB DIP
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon minced scallions
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 pound lump crabmeat
- 1/3 cup cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions, bell peppers, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt. Cook 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place cream cheese, mayonnaise, scallions, lemon juice, remaining teaspoon salt in a food processor; process smooth. Transfer to large bowl. Fold in cooked vegetables and add in crabmeat. Transfer to a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together breadcrumbs and melted butter; stir to combine. Spread breadcrumb mixture over crabmeat mixture and bake until hot and bubbly, about 25-30 minutes.
- Serve with toast points or your favorite party crackers.